Sport & Auto
- About Future
- Digital Future
- Cookies Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Investor Relations
- Contact Future
Apple put together a list of To-Dos for customers who plan on purchasing their iPhone 3G from the Apple retail store. In an effort to curb riots, Apple has implemented a seemingly organized set-up to ensure speedy transactions and satisfy the throngs of true-blue Apple fans who will no doubt line up the sidewalks come early Friday morning.
Here’s what’s going down.
1. "The Apple Retail Store is the perfect place to get your iPhone 3G. That’s because, there’s a Concierge staff (in orange) waiting to direct you, the consumer, to the iPhone bay where you’ll take advantage of Apple’s FREE Personal Setup. A Specialist (shirt color not specified) will ask you which model you’d prefer, review coverage maps within your area, select a rate plan, and prepare your unit to be ready to go.
2. Bring your credit card, social security number, a valid photo ID, and your current AT&T wireless account number and password, or a PIN number for new contracts.
3. Remember to sync your current iPhone one last time before you head for the store.
4. Business customers: If you wish to receive service under a corporate account, you’ll have to deal with AT&T. Those hoping to access their business email account will have to talk to their IT manager.
5. The Apple Store will begin selling iPhone 3Gs at 8 a.m. local time Friday morning, on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early, but fear not, check back after 9 p.m. Thursday night for availability at an Apple Store near you.