Sport & Auto
- About Future
- Digital Future
- Cookies Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Investor Relations
- Contact Future
Rumors are swirling around the internet about the allegedly upcoming MacBooks due in September.
- Thinner: The new MacBooks will take a cue from the Macbook Air and shave off a few centimeters so you can finally slide the notebook under your door.
- Glass trackpad: Glass is the new plastic. If you weren't concerned about scratches and cracks on your trackpad, you can be now.
- One Piece Aluminum: Apple is creating a more eco-friendly body to place all that computing in. Just think, todays Cactus Cooler can may be tomorrows MacBook. The circle of life.
- Wider widescreens: Great for watching Lawrence of Arabia on the plane when you should be working.
- Intel Chips: Centrino 2 chips will be powering your next Macbook
- Non-Intel chipset: Apple will be creating its own unique chipset to set it apart from the competition. Right now Apple uses modified Intel motherboards in its notebooks. The CPU would still be from Intel.
So are new MacBooks the mystery transition Steve and Oppenheimer talked about during their recent quarterly earnings call? The timetable fits. Of course, this dashes our dreams of an Apple-branded DVR.
Got a rumor you just can't keep inside? Drop it in the comments below or email us.