Sport & Auto
- About Future
- Digital Future
- Cookies Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Investor Relations
- Contact Future
We hope you’re not too sick of iPhone 5 rumors, because here comes another one! The unannounced handset seems to be all anyone wants to talk about right now, with even the otherwise lackluster news that the handset is now being manufactured starting to make headlines.
AppleInsider is reporting that Apple manufacturers Foxconn and Pegatron are already hard at work producing the iPhone 5, even though there’s no final iOS 5 software ready yet to install onto them. According to Japanese blog Macotakara, a “Chinese source” claims the Foxconn is handling 85 percent of the workload, with Pegatron taking on the remaining 15 percent.
Of course, if you’ve been following news of the iOS 5 beta releases to developers (currently up to beta 7), you probably realize that the software isn’t quite ready to go just yet -- there are still plenty of bugs to be squashed as well as spit and polish to be applied. According to the Chinese source, that’s not a problem because “the devices are reportedly being stocked without packaging because Apple is not ready to install iOS 5 on them.”
Macotakara’s source also pegs the iPhone 5 release in “early October,” with a release in Asia for “late October or early November,” in keeping with other, more high-profile reports flying around the internet in recent weeks.
It would seem that iPhone 5 hysteria has gripped the media in the weeks leading up to the next handset, which will reportedly come with an A5 processor, eight-megapixel rear camera and possibly a sleek new design, “thinner and smaller with curved sides differing from those of the iPhone 4,” claims AppleInsider.
Follow this article’s author, J.R. Bookwalter on Twitter