Sport & Auto
- About Future
- Digital Future
- Cookies Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Investor Relations
- Contact Future
Pre-Mac|Life, about a week before any keynote I took care not to peruse Apple rumor sites. I didn't want to accidently catch a glimpse of a leaked image. I enjoy the surprise of every keynote and leaked images spoil that. Because I believe some readers still enjoy the mystery of the Steve Jobs keynote, I've resisted the urge to post the most plausible images and specs to date on the homepage of the site.
That being said, CrunchGear has received a series of alleged images of the 3G iPhone. The images seem to be from an ad for the iPhone 2.0 and are reminiscent of the leaked iPod nano images from last fall. Available in different colors, including (RED), the most exciting aspect of the images is the inclusion of the rumored forward-facing camera and mobile iChat AV.
In other iPhone rumor news, Engadget received word that the firmware for the 3G iPhone has been allegedly released and what was found inside isn't really too surprising considering what has been found in the SDK over the past few months.
- Infineon PMB6952 / S-GOLD3 six-band UMTS / HSDPA transceiver
- Murata LMRX3JCA-479 tri-band amplifier
- Sony SP9T antenna switch for GSM / UMTS dual mode
- ARM 1176JZF-S - Main CPU
- Skyworks 77427 chip - UMTS / HSDPA tx 1900MHz, rx 2100MHz
- Skyworks 77414 chip - UMTS / HSDPA 1900MHz
- Skyworks 77413 chip - UMTS / HSDPA 850MHz
- Internal build model number: n82ap
- UMTS Power Saving option - on or off
- Hooks for Global Locate Library (GLL), software that handles A-GPS related commands for the host processor.
Both of these leaks should be taken with a huge grain of salt and washed down with a glass of sea water. The specs seem legit, while the images seem too much like the leaked iPod nano images.
What's your take?