Sport & Auto
- About Future
- Digital Future
- Cookies Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Investor Relations
- Contact Future
We like TV as much as the next person but sometimes we just really miss our old favorites. Honestly, KITT was cooler back in the day. With that in mind, we collected our memories and created a list of our favorite shows pre-1990.
Cast your Vote for the Best Old School TV Show and you could win 1 of 3 EyeTV tuners from Elgato. Keep your “eyes” peeled for which classic program has been crowned Winner by Mac|Life’s readers.
EyeTV instantly turns your Mac into both a flat-screen HDTV and a DVR. Watch, pause, and rewind live television at your desk while you work or surf the web, and from the comfort of your couch. And because EyeTV tuners receive both digital and analog TV signals, it’s an inexpensive solution for upcoming digital transition in February.
DVR (digital video recorder) functionality — Set up schedules to record TV shows well in advance, or set up Smart Guides to add new shows or an entire season to the schedule automatically as soon as they appear in the Program Guide.
A comprehensive Program Guide — EyeTV goes way beyond the basic program listings that you get with digital TV. Perform detailed searches of upcoming programs, including actors, genres, release dates, and much more. EyeTV makes it easy to find the shows you’ll like.
Editing capabilities — Easily edit your recordings to remove unwanted material, or create clips of your favorite TV moments.
Export to any format — Put your recordings into iTunes with one easy click to sync with an iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, or export them to a variety of formats for use in other Mac applications. You can even share your recordings with other Macs on a network, and watch them on your iPhone via Wi-Fi.
Capture from old videotapes — Use EyeTV to convert your old analog videotapes to a digital format. EyeTV Hybrid and EyeTV 250 Plus come with breakout cables so you can hook up your VCR and capture those precious home movies. Once the video is in EyeTV you can easily burn it to disc for safe-keeping.
Simply provide your name, email address and select your vote for the Best Old School TV show from the following list.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The sponsors of the contest are Future US, Inc., 4000 Shoreline Court, Ste. 400, South San Francisco, CA 94080 and Elgato Systems, LLC, 900 Kearny Street, Ste. 750 CA 94133-5145 San Francisco (“Sponsors”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the United States (excluding residents of Rhode Island and Puerto Rico). Void where prohibited by law. Entrants must be at least 13 years of age. If a winner is a minor, the prize will be awarded in the name of the winner’s parent or legal guardian, who is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, and that winner must also provide a signed parental or guardian consent form, provided by the sponsor, within 7 days of notification attempt. Failure of the minor to return the guardian consent form will result in the forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner, who will be chosen through a random drawing from the remaining eligible entries. Employees of Sponsors and employees’ household or immediate family members are NOT eligible to enter Sweepstakes.
3. TIMING: Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. PDT on December 12, 2008 and continues until 11:59 p.m. PDT on December 31, 2008. Mailed entries must be postmarked by 11:59 p.m. PDT on December 31, 2008 to be eligible. Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted.
4. HOW TO ENTER: A contestant may enter online or via a mailed postcard with their name, address, daytime telephone number and e-mail address (if they have one) and the name of the prize drawing on a 3x5 card and mailing it to: Mac|Life/Elgato Sweepstakes, 4000 Shoreline Court, Ste. 400, South San Francisco, CA 94080. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries.
5. PRIZES AND ODDS: Three Grand Prizes will be awarded. The Grand Prize will be either an Elgato EyeTV 250 Plus or an EyeTV Hybrid. The Grand Prize has a maximum retail value of $180.00. Odds of winning shall be determined by the number of eligible entries received. Prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. Winner will be responsible for all taxes (federal, state, and local) and all expenses not listed herein related to acceptance and use of any prize.
6. DRAWING: Winners will be determined by a single random drawing of all valid entries held on or about January 4, 2009. The decision of Sponsors shall be final and binding and within their sole discretion. Winners will be notified by phone or email within ten (10) days of the drawing. You may obtain the name of the winner, within six months of the drawing, by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the address above (residents of Vermont may omit return postage). Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this drawing should causes beyond their control corrupt the administration, security, or proper play of the drawing.
8. AFFIDAVIT: The winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/prize acceptance within seven days of receipt; failure to do so upon request will result in forfeiture of the prize. By acceptance of the prize, the winners agree to the use of their name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Winners are responsible for paying any income taxes on the value of the prize received. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
9. RELEASE: Sponsors are not responsible for any damages or expenses that winners might incur as a result of this contest or the receipt of any prize. In addition, contestants release and hold Sponsors and their employees harmless from any and all damages and claims of any kind in connection with the contest. Sponsors reserve the right to confirm all winners for eligibility and compliance with the rules and regulations.
10. LAW: This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsors in connection with any drawing or award, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of, the State of California, without regard to conflict of law principles. Any cause of action by you with respect to the offer (and/or any information, products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in above. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with the offer of these official rules shall be brought solely in San Mateo County, California. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and consent to extraterritorial service of process.